Warehouse management system (WMS) is a key part of the supply chain and primarily aims to control the movement and storage of materials within a warehouse and process the associated transactions, including shipping, receiving, put away and picking.
- Smart control for the movement and storage of materials within a warehouse
- Able to handle multiple warehouses (own and third party) and interchange between warehouses
- Plan and allocate warehouse employees for various operations like receiving, racking, picking etc.
- Facilities to check stock and transfer stock
- Integrated with Customer, Quotation, Inventory, Transport and Accounts modules
- Various types of reports to analyze and improve the utilization of the warehouse
The following are the process taking place in managing a warehouse
- Principal-Customers are called principals.
- CFS process- This process includes the following
- New Job Creation
- Making Manual Entry
- Co-Packing-when two are more items are packed together
- Import & Export
- Internal Transfer-Transferring the ownership of the CARGO, without shifting the CARGO physically.
- Stock Transfer-Transferring the available stock.
- Stock Checking-For stock inventory
- Job Planner-Warehouse people plan and schedule tasks
Benefits of Warehouse Management Software
Acts as the hub of supply chain solution, integrating accounting/order and shipping
Boosts productivity, reduce costs, shorten order fulfilment times
Increases customer satisfaction and delivers a rapid return on investment (ROI)
Eliminate manual order checking by automating processes
Process more orders at a much higher level of accuracy
Minimize write-downs and write-offs
Maximize labor resources & Minimize repetitive tasks
Improved stock control & Inventory tracking